Engagement with the local community is a critical objective of Neoen and is integral to this project. A strategy has been developed to ensure that open dialogue and information transfer can occur with local residents, stakeholders and the wider community in an efficient manner.
This approach shall ensure that there is no “surprise” to the community and that a long-term relationship is maintained between the project team and all project stakeholders.
- Local Community Benefits Fund of $100,000 per year has been established for local projects and initiatives throughout the project lifespan (roughly 30 years).
Around 300-400 jobs created locally during construction
Roughly 7-10 permanent staff once the project is operational, creating ongoing employment for a small, permanent local team dedicated to activities such as maintenance and vegetation and pest management.
Energy security enhanced by the combination of solar generation and battery storage.
Economic boost for local employment, materials and skills to be used where possible.
If you have skills that may be useful during the design, construction or operation of the solar farm, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and a brief description of the services and skills you can provide.
Neoen is committed to working with the local community to ensure a transparent engagement process and successful project.
The objectives of the community engagement process are:
- To keep the community and stakeholders informed about the project through the provision of factual project information;
- To identify and address community and stakeholder concerns and maintain transparency in the project design and implementation;
- To identify opportunities for local business involvement in the implementation of the project; and
- To provide feedback on how stakeholder and community input will influence the final project and decision.
Neoen considers community consultation to be essential at all stages of the green power hub life cycle, and invites all members of the community to click on the following link to complete a community feedback form.