Battery Update: 2023
The battery project at WDGPH has started construction:
- Neoen has provided notices to proceed to Tesla and UGL, signalling the start of construction for the 200 MW / 400 MWh Western Downs Battery, its fourth big battery in Australia.
- Located next to the 460 MWp solar farm, the battery will deliver a range of essential services to the grid.
- With support from the Australian Renewable Energy Agency’s (ARENA) Large Scale Battery Storage Funding Round, the asset will be equipped with grid-forming inverter technology.
- Early construction works are underway, with the asset expected to start operating in the Australian summer of 2024/25.
- Full media release available here.
Should you have any queries or concerns in relation to the works, please don’t hesitate to contact us through the Contact Us page or 1800 966 133.